The summer night is like a perfection of thought. ~ Wallace Stevens
I overheard a conversation/debate this weekend about the summer being over.
Now we could consider the optimist/pessimist point of view, but I prefer to say we have another half of the summer remaining. But it will come to an end, and what will you have to show for it?
When your children go back to school the teacher will ask what they did over the summer. How will they respond?
Since I started this blog in 2006 the message has been the same.
We model the behavior we want to see in our children.
So let’s change the assignment. What if you had to write a paper in September about what you did over the summer?
- Did you read (or better yet write!) the next great novel?
- Did you start a new exercise routine?
- Did you get out your easel and paint?
- Did you take a class in something that has always interested you?
- Did you start new family traditions like long walks, or shooting hoops after dinner?
- Did you connect with friends?
- Did you intentionally do nothing but recharge?
Airlines recommend parents put on their own oxygen mask before helping children put on theirs. By my estimate, you still have half the summer left!
Begin by having a memorable week!
Tina Nocera, Founder