Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one. -Brad Paisley
December 1st I promised to perform 24 Random Acts of Kindness, and post tweets each day – see #randomactsofkindness2013 .
- I suspected at first it would be a challenge to find ways to be kind.
- I hoped that as I started down this path, it would feel natural.
- I learned you feel better doing RAOK thus creating a positive momentum.
This is a good tie into the first day of the New Year, and the hopes that come along with a new beginning. There are hundreds of motivational quotes that we all read. Want to know a secret? Reading them isn’t enough – you actually have to act!
- Buying a workout DVD is great, but you have to open it & exercise daily.
- Resolving to spend more time with your kids is meaningful, but you have to put down the phone and be present.
- Deciding to reach out to people that you’ve meant to connect with is nice, but you have to (get the irony here) pick up the phone and call them.
- If you want to improve things in your life, then don’t waste your life. Start doing things that you love to do.
- If you are happy with the status quo, then keep on doing what you’re doing.
I will be posting motivational tweets each day; please feel free to follow me.
Happy New Year, and 2014 – please be good to us!
Tina Nocera, Founder