With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, I am encouraged by the year-round attention to being grateful. We no longer wait for Thanksgiving to give thanks! With all the benefits of being grateful, the best in my opinion, is how your own problems become smaller.
If all our misfortunes were laid in one common heap, whence everyone must take an equal portion, most people would be content to take their own and depart.
How to keep the gratitude momentum going:
- Keep a journal and take a few minutes each day to write down something to be thankful for.
- Whenever you can, express your gratitude in person.
- Treat others with the same level of attention and respect you expect.
- Don’t complain when things happen. Brush it off and don’t give it any more attention.
- Do ‘good’ for others. That always makes you feel better.
More helpful reading:
Our journey begins with a single step. Being grateful is the first step to being happy, and isn’t raising happy children our job?
Thank you for reading!
Tina Nocera, Founder
Follow me on Twitter