Hope is a waking dream.
- Aristotle (384 BC – 322 BC)
The world watched as the Chilean miners were pulled up one by one. For the first time, in a long time, we were united in hope.
But we also learned to:
- Understand the real problem
- Create a sense of urgency to resolve it
- Gather experts if needed to help
- Spare no expense; take no shortcuts
- Keep everyone informed
- Test the solution
- Pay it forward – President Pinera has offered to help China with their mining disaster
The miners’ survival of the ordeal provided a worldwide lesson on the strength of human resilience as 33 men were trapped 2,000 feet underground for more than two months. Chilean President Sebastian Pinera demonstrated remarkable leadership skills in a crisis.
Hopefully, an additional lesson is to improve the dangerous conditions existing in mines.
Have a great week!
Tina Nocera, Founder